Knitting Loom Patterns

So I've been hard at work trying to find knitting patterns to convert for the loom, of course until I learn more than the basic stitches for the loom I can't convert some of the patterns I really like so I go for the ones with the basic stitches. I have so far converted 2 patterns and I am working on them, so far so good.

I got these patterns from yarnspirations.com

Pattern #1: Baby Steps Blanket
This pattern is pretty self explanatory.

Loom Pattern:
Square
Square 1: Make 9 using C as Color 1 and A as Color 2.
Square 2: Make 8 using A as Color 1 and B as Color 2.
Square 3: Make 8 using B as Color 1 and C as Color 2.

With Color 1, cast on 28 stitches (sts).
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: Purl

until piece measures approximately (approx) 4" [10 cm], ending on a purl row. Break Color 1. Join Color 2. Continue (cont) in garter st for a further 4" [10 cm], until piece from beginning (beg) measures 8" [20.5 cm], ending on a purl row. Cast off.

Finishing: Sew Squares together as shown in Assembly Diagram.

Pattern #2: Easy Breezy Knit Afghan
This pattern on the loom you work right side only so every other row you will have to convert.

Loom Pattern:
With 2 strands of MC held tog, cast on 133 pegs. Working right side only, proceed as follows: 

1st row: (RS). K3. *P1. K2. Rep from * to last 4 sts. P1. K3.
2nd row: P4. *K2. P1. Rep from * to last 3 sts. P3. 
3rd row: As 1st row. 
4th row: Purl. 

These 4 rows form Waffle St pat. Cont in pat until work from beg measures approx 7" [18 cm], ending on a 4th row. Break MC. Join 2 strands of A. With A, cont in pat for a further 7". Break A. Join MC. Cont as established, working 7" [18 cm], in alternating stripes of MC and A until Blanket measures approx 49" MATERIALS [124.5 cm], ending with 7" [18 cm] of MC. Cast of

Note: I added 2 extra pegs for turning pegs cause that's how I like it. I also only used 1 strand of yarn since I'm using the kb 28" knitting board with the extra peg extenders, You don't have to though if you want to follow the pattern exactly as shown.

I will try to convert more patterns and post them here, but if yarnspirations.com asks me to stop then I will, I just thought I would make it easier for loom knitters to have actual loom patterns since there really aren't many out there well for blankets anyway. I will also post updated photos of my progress once a week on Saturdays. 

No comments